Opening Hours - This Week
Latest Items and News
- Tripadvisor - We are awarded a Certificate of Excellence for 2019 and enter their Hall of Fame
- MASHC signs Memorandum of Understanding with RAF Museum Click here to find out more
- We get the keys to Burke's Shed 1b. find out more here
- Our Curator, Dr Dan Paton is interviewed by the BBC. Listen to it here
- Remembrance Service held Details
- One of our aircraft is missing ! find out more
- Read our latest newsletter click here to download
Whilst there are 30 pages on this website there is in fact a lot more to read and see through interactive presentations including photographs, audio and video. Through the presentations you will be able to read:
- Montrose Air Station Timeline
- Major Burke’s 1914-1916 diary showing the day to day running of one of the first Squadrons.
- His famous Maxims from 1911 giving advice to military aviators.
- The historical importance of Major Burke’s Sheds.
- Lt. Desmond Arthur’s 1913 diary and learn about the man and his tragic death.
- The RAF Flight Training Manual, Part 1, published in 1931.
- You can see the Red Lichtie arriving at the Heritage Centre and being assembled.
- Learn about No.2 Squadron’s epic flight north in February 1913 & why Montrose was chosen.
- See how volunteers built a WWI B.E.2a aircraft from original drawings.
- See a 360 degree view from our B.E.2a.
“The work here is hugely important in so many ways. It’s important to Scotland, it’s important to our sense of British history and it is certainly extremely important to the Royal Air Force today, so I know all my Air Force colleagues will join me in saying how indebted we are with that endeavour.”Air Marshal Sir David Walker KCVO, OBE, DL.